Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
You need fresh jujubes for this one...
- 7 ounces pastry dough, rolled out very thin
- 5 ounces chinese dates, stems removed and halved (also known as jujubes)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Fold pastry into an oblong, twice. Roll firmly until thin again.
- Combine Chinese jujube and cheese. Spoon mixture into center of pastry.
- Brush edges of pastry with half the egg. Roll pastry and crimp shut. Cut 1 inch slices into top of pastry. Bake for 40 minutes until golden.
- Serve hot or cold with a green salad and soft buttered rolls.