Recipe by Artefactfinder
Deep fried, crispy pork balls which are great served with sweet and sour sauce.
- 1 cup pork, cubed
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- flour, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the self raising flour into bowl. Add a tsp of baking powder. Add seasoning. Gradually add water until you have a smooth double cream consistency - not too runny.
- Cut up pork into cubes around 1 inch or slightly smaller. Dip in flour and then dip in the batter.
- Heat up some oil in a pan, wok or deep fat fryer. It requires a good amount if you are using a pan - you want the balls to be submerged in the oil. Remember to turn the heat down once it gets to the right temperature. And remember to never leave unattended.
- Add the coated pork to the hot oil, a few at a time. You want them to go a nice golden brown colour - will take about 4-6 minutes.
- Take out and blot on kitchen roll. You can serve these immediately or cool them down and freeze.