Recipe by chia
This was so good on an autumn night. This was the first course, from my "one pot" cookbook
Top Review by KLHquilts
Wow. Wowwowwow. This was FABULOUS!!! Chia, thanks so much for posting this. I tweaked it a bit - used a bit more garlic, used 16 oz. crabmeat and 16 oz. white sweet corn (frozen), which made it all a bit too thick, so I ended up using 3+ cups of chicken broth. It couldn't have hurt a thing, though, and it made a truly wonderful, fabulous soup. We'll definitely be having this again -- thanks for posting it!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 red chile, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 8 ounces crabmeat
- 12 ounces corn kernels
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 dash salt & pepper
- 2 ounces spinach leaves, sliced
- 2 eggs, mixed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in pot.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger and chili and saute until softened.
- Add sherry and reduce by half.
- Add crab, corn, stock, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and season.
- Remove from heat,.
- Add eggs and stir into pot with a fork, forming ribbons.