Recipe by Jewelies
I haven't tried this recipe yet but want to save it here and intend to make it in my pie maker. If using in a pie maker I would recommend using short crust pastry for the base and puff pastry for the top. Also I'd probably make with button mushrooms.
- 25 g butter
- 1 small leek, white part only, finely chopped
- 8 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, grated
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 80 g ham, thickly sliced and chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 150 ml thickened cream
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease 4 individual pie dishes.
- Place the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and ginger and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the flour, then gradually add the stock. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the frozen peas, cooked chicken, ham and coriander.
- Season with salt, pepper and five spice powder.
- Stir in the cream, then remove from the heat and allow to cool while you prepare the pastry.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 4 squares.
- Line each pie tin with one square, pressing well to the sides.
- Divide the filling among the pie cases.
- Brush the tops of the pies with beaten egg, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place pie dishes on a tray in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden and puffed.