Prep 4 hrs
Cook 1 hr
Wonderful Chicken Curry from the Young Times magazine.
- 2 kg boneless chicken, cut into small cube-sized pieces
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 600 g low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 -6 green chilies
- 5 -6 fresh curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon oil
- oil, to deep fry
- Clean the chicken well and cut into cubes.
- Marinate it in a bowl alongwith soya sauce, baking soda, cornflour, salt, chilli powder and lemon juice.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Allow to marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Fry the marinated chicken cubes in it.
- Drain excess oil on clean kitchen paper napkins.
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp.
- of oil on medium flame.
- Add curry leaves and green chillies.
- Stir-fry for a minute.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Stir in the yoghurt.
- Add the fried chicken and mix well.
- Cook on slow flame for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
WOW! The flavor is unbelievable! It may take a bit of time to make, but it is soooooo worth it. I used cut up boneless skinless chicken thighs and marinated for 4 hours. The flavors go so well with the creaminess of the yogurt. Thanx for posting this recipe! I'm definitely going to make this a lot!