Prep 35 mins
Cook 5 mins
Our family's classic recipe! Very simple.
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- 10 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (10 ounce) canblack authentic refried beans
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil (for frying chicken)
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil (for frying tortilla's)
- Boil chicken until fully cooked.
- When chicken is fully cooked you then shred the chicken into little strips using two forks.
- Next, you heat the 1/3 cup oil in a large frying pan.
- Then when the oil is hot, you add the chicken.
- As soon as the chicken is added you must then sprinkle the desired amount of taco seasoning over the whole top layer of chicken.
- With a spatula, mix the chicken with the taco seasoning.
- When the chicken is fully mixed with the seasoning, remove from heat.
- On the tortilla shell, plop 1 Tbsp of refried beans in the middle.
- Then top the refried beans with a small handful of the seasoned chicken.
- You then top the chicken with a small handful of the shredded cheese.
- Fold all empty sides of the tortilla inward, then use a toothpick to keep them closed.
- Repeat steps 8-11 on the remaining tortilla shells.
- Heat 3/4 cup oil in frying pan.
- When hot, place as many chimichangas that you can fit at a time into the pan of oil.
- Fry each side of the chimichanga until golden brown.
- Remove from pan onto paper towels, then EAT! (but remember to remove the toothpicks first).