This is the most easiest way to cook spicy prawns and it can be done rather quickly as well. This dish was first prepared for me by my guy and love Biju and i post this recipe in rememberance of him. I like to let the prawns cook on really low heat, this enables the juices to come out the prawns and so i have to add less water for cooking. But if you dont have the patience just add about 1 cup of wate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Deshell, devein, wash and drain prawns thoroughly.
- 2Add half the chilli powder and 1/2 tsp of salt to the prawns, mix well and set aside for 15 minutes.
- 3In a wok (or any round based utensil) on medium flame add oil and heat a little.
- 4Add mustard seeds and let it spatter.
- 5Add onions, ginger and garlic paste, turmeric powder and fry till onions are golden brown.
- 6Add the marinated prawns and stir.
- 7Add the remaining chilli powder and salt, stir and place the lid on utensil.
- 8Reduce flame to the minimum and let it cook, approximately 15 minutes.
- 9Open lid and stir the prawns add the water and coriander leaves and stir again. Check salt content.
- 10Let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
- 11Open lid and check if prawns is cooked thoroughly. If yes, then increase flame to medium and stir till all the water is gone. Serve with rice or chappati.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilli Prawn Fry
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.9
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 210.0 mg
- Sodium 978.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 24.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: