Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
This comes from a British Weight Watchers cookbook. It weighs in 3.5 points per serving and is on the core plan. It's quite hardy, the first time I made this I found out the scales were wrong and put double the polenta in, it still worked but we used the left over to keep the front door open... :)
- 850 ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 pinch saffron strand
- 200 g easy cook polenta
- 3 cardamom pods, seeds removed and crushed
- 198 g sweetcorn, drained
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 300 g mixed wild mushrooms, cliced
- 1 red chili pepper, desseded and chopped
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- place the stock and saffron in a pan and bring to the boil. Add the polenta and stir until smooth, allow to bubble for 1 minute.
- Add the spring onions, cardamom and sweetcorn and stir well. Cook for a further 2 - 3 min and turn out into a loose bottomed 8 inch cake tin. Leave to stand for 10 minute.
- While the polenta is standing spray a pan with oil and fry the mushroom with the chilli.
- Serve a wedge of polenta topped with the chilli mushrooms and 1 tbsp of yoghurt.