Basil Cheese Polenta Wedges
This is from Swanson's Chicken Broth...you can serve topped with Meat Sauce or as a side dish!! Options for grilling, baking or pan-frying given. Cooking time includes chilling.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat broth, cornmeal, bay leaf and pepper in saucepan to a boil.
- Stir in oil.
- Cook and stir 10 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Stir in basil and hceese.
- Pour mixture into greased 9" pie plate.
- Cover and chill 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut polenta into 6 wedges.
- To grill: brush wedges on both sides with olive oil. Place on hot grill and cook 4 minutes, turning once.
- To bake: place wedges on greased baking sheet. Bake at 375º for 20 minutes or until browned and crispy, turning once.
- To pan-fry: heat oil in nonstick skillet. Add wedges and cook 10 minut4es or until browned and crispy, turning once.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was yummy!! I exposed my family to polenta for the first time and it went over well. = ) I love the fact that I could make it ahead and save myself a lot of rush at dinner time. I sent this out the door with my dh along with some shrimp marinated in Italian seasonings, so all I had to do was fix a salad and dinner was done. Fast, simple, and tasty.....you can't ask for much more, except someone else to wash the dishes! Thanks, Charmie. Reviewed as part of ZWT 4 Summer '08.Reply
see 4 more