Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the City Times newspaper. This dish goes well with cashew and greenpeas curry and ghee rice. This is Sri Lankan cuisine. It has an exotic flavour and is hot!
- 0.55 lb green jalapenos (broad chilli green)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 0.44 lb tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1 sprig curry leaf
- 3 -5 fenugreek leaves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon ground dry maldive fish
- Cut each chilli into 4 long strips.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and allow to splutter.
- Add curry leaves and fenugreek leaves.
- Fry for a while.
- Add all the ingredients, except the tamarind paste, and cook well.
- When it's done, add tamarind paste and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with Ghee rice and Cashew and Greenpeas curry.