Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I cut this recipe out of Good Food Magazine. Love it for a lunch time meal when I'm watching my weight. The chilli beans are also good in a jacket potato.
- 2 (400 g) cansmixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red chilies, deseeded and chopped or 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 500 g passata or 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 small baguette, thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated cheddar cheese or 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Heat grill to high.
- Stir the first six ingredients together in a pan.
- Bring to the boil,then turn down heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread baguette slices over a baking sheet and grill.
- Toast on one side, turn over and sprinkle the second side with cheese.
- Grill for another 1-2 minutes until melted and golden.
- Season the beans to taste and serve over the cheesy toasts.