Recipe by Feast Your Eyes!
This makes for a delicious and easy appetizer. The mushrooms are marinated in a tangy blend of Italian flavors like garlic, basil, oregano, and red wine vinegar. Serve it to your guests cold or at room temperature.
Top Review by Elisabetta47
These are remarkably good. Other than using sliced mushrooms, I used all ingredients as written, including a healthy pinch of red pepper flakes. We often have grilled or roasted meats on raw greens, and this as a side adds a whole other dimension of flavors to the plate. Thanks.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 8 ounces mushrooms, cleaned, stems trimmed flat
- snipped flat-leaf Italian parsley (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, EXCEPT MUSHROOMS AND PARSLEY, in a large zip top plastic bag; seal bag and shake well.
- Add the mushrooms to the marinade; seal bag and turn over several times.
- Refrigerate NO LONGER than 2 hours.
- Drain mushrooms and sprinkle with snipped parsley.