Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great summer soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced, about 1 1/4 pounds
- 1 1⁄2 cups sorrel, firmly packed shredded
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- In a soup or large saucepan, melt butter and cook onion until tender.
- Add potatoes and sorrel and combine with onions.
- Add stock, pepper, tarragon and a little salt.
- Bring soup to boil.
- Reduce heat and cover, simmer gently until potatoes are cooked, about 30 minutes.
- Puree soup in a blender chill thoroughly.
- Stir in cream.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Adjust consistency with additional cream or chicken stock if necessary.
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but the directions don't tell you what to do with the hard-boiled eggs.