My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the celery root and dice into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 2Place it in a steamer and steam over boiling water for 10 minutes, or until tender enough to be easily mashed.
- 3Remove celery root from steamer and reserve one cup of liquid.
- 4Put one-third of the celery root and the reserved liquid in a blender.
- 5Blend until smooth, alternately adding the remaining celery root along with the buttermilk, salt and white pepper.
- 6Blend until smooth.
- 7Pour into a bowl and add the chopped chives.
- 8Mix thoroughly.
- 9Chill before serving.
- 10Serve in chilled soup bowls or mugs.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilled Cream Of Celery Root Soup
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 38.6
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 241.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: