1/1 Photo of Chili's Awesome Blossom
This is similar to Chili's Awesome Blossom. From Copykat.com (http://www.copykat.com)
My Private Note
Large O ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 prepared onion
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons mccormick seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1Mix all dry ingredients together.
- 2Onion may be sliced like a blossom by cutting the top 1/4 off, the top has the stem.
- 3Then peel and be very careful to leave the root intact.
- 4Carefully slice from the top of the onion down but stop about 1/2" before you get to the root, taking care not to cut through the root.
- 5Slice the rest of the onion like a pie into many servings.
- 6When complete, soak onion in cold ice water for 1/2 hr.
- 7so the onion's petals will start to open up and bloom.
- 8Drain onion and dip in flour mixture and dust well.
- 9Dip onion then in buttermilk and back in flour mixture.
- 10Place in hot oil and fry until golden.
- 11Oil should cover onion.
- 12When done drain well and place on plate and cut center out of onion so the petals may easily be removed.
- 13Dipping Sauce: Mix all together and serve in the middle of the onion blossom.
- 14Garnish with paprika and just a dash of red pepper.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili's Awesome Blossom
Serving Size: 1 (818 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1538.9
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 696.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 273.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 28.2 g
- Protein 44.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: