Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The presentation is what makes this dish a hit! Great for kids birthdays or a picnic in your backyard. Add the optional ingredients to pump up the heat quotient. Absolutely delish!
- In skillet cook beef, onion, and jalapeno over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in water, tomato paste and spices.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Cut a thin slice off top of rolls.
- Hollow out buns, leaving a 1/4" shell (save innards for another use (bread crumbs anyone?)).
- Spoon 1/2 cup of meat mixture into each bun.
- Surround with corn chips, if desired.