Recipe by Cynna
The presentation is what makes this dish a hit! Great for kids birthdays or a picnic in your backyard. Add the optional ingredients to pump up the heat quotient. Absolutely delish!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, minced and seeded
- 1 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 6 submarine rolls (about 8 inches long)
- corn chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet cook beef, onion, and jalapeno over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in water, tomato paste and spices.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Cut a thin slice off top of rolls.
- Hollow out buns, leaving a 1/4" shell (save innards for another use (bread crumbs anyone?)).
- Spoon 1/2 cup of meat mixture into each bun.
- Surround with corn chips, if desired.