1/1 Photo of Chili Submarines
The presentation is what makes this dish a hit! Great for kids birthdays or a picnic in your backyard. Add the optional ingredients to pump up the heat quotient. Absolutely delish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In skillet cook beef, onion, and jalapeno over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2Stir in water, tomato paste and spices.
- 3Bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- 5Cut a thin slice off top of rolls.
- 6Hollow out buns, leaving a 1/4" shell (save innards for another use (bread crumbs anyone?)).
- 7Spoon 1/2 cup of meat mixture into each bun.
- 8Surround with corn chips, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Submarines
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.8
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 673.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 15.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: