Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe from All You magaizine. I am posting it so I can try it. Sounds good.
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 lb flank steak
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, thinly shredded
- Preheat broiler and place rack about 6" from heat source.
- Line a broiling pan with foil.
- Combine tomato paste, chili powder and a pinch of salt in a small bowl.
- Rub tomato mixture onto steak, using fingers to press as much as possible onto meat.
- Place steak on pan and broil for about 6 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Remove steak to a cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Working against the grain, cut steak into very thin slices.
- Heat tortillas.
- Lay tortillas flat on a work surface and spread 1/4 cup salsa evenly over bottom of each.
- Arrange equal amount of steak on each tortilla, placing it on salsa.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheeseand 1/4 cup lettuce over steak.
- Carefully roll each tortilla into a thich cylinder, tucking in sides as you go.
- Cut in half crosswise and secure with toothpicks.