Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Orginal was from Sarah Schlesinger's More fat free recipes
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup orecchiette
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons red pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 medium tomatoes, chppped
- 1 cup fresh corn or 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 -3 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos
- Cook the pasta according to directions until ala dente.
- While the pasta cooks heat the broth in a saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and saute until onion starts to soften then add the ppers and saute until they begin to soften. This will take about 6 minutes for both steps.
- Stir in the powder, Braggs, cumin, oregano, tomatoes and corn and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir several times.
- Add the pasta and continue to simmer until all ingredients are heated through. Serve immed.