Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is my version of a 'Wendy's' style chili. As usual, I put in LOTS of garlic but this is optional. Top this with some shredded cheddar cheese, serve with garlic bread and you've got a hit! Always tastes better the next day.
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 822.13 g tomato sauce, 1 can (I use spaghetti sauce)
- 822.13 g kidney beans, 1 can (with liquid)
- 822.13 g pinto beans, 1 can (with liquid)
- 236.59 ml onion, diced
- 5-10 garlic cloves (cut into large chunks)
- 236.59 ml mushroom pieces (1 can drained)
- 59.14 ml celery, diced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 40.67 ml chili powder
- 9.85 ml salt
- 473.18 ml water
- 0.25 ml garlic powder, to taste (optional)
- Brown the ground beef and drain off the fat.
- Crumble the cooked beef with a fork into pea sized pieces.
- In a large pot, combine all ingredients.
- Simmer over low heat 2-3 hours stirring frequently.
Use Great Northern Beans, don't like Kidney PP. Otherwise followed recipe, excellent chili. Thanks for posting.