Recipe by Jane Gib
A tasty casserole which you can freeze, and you can spice up by adding green and red chillies, but in the recipe here I have ommitted the chillies.
- 1 lb minced beef
- 1 onion, sliced
- 14 ounces red kidney beans, drained
- 7 ounces baked beans (heinz is better but any will do)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 pint beef stock
- 2 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heavy-bottomed saucepan place the oil and cook mince for 3 minute.
- add onion, and cook for a further 3 min, or until mince is brown.
- Stir in rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil.
- reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 min, stirring occasionally.
- If you are freezing it, then cool, cover and freeze.
- Serve with baked potatoes or rice. You can also use to fill taco shells, or pitta breads.