1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
From the Aus magazine Australian Good Food. I'm posting this here and plan to make it soon
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roughly tear 8 of the lime leaves and place in saucepan with apple, lemongrass, half of the chilli and 6 cups of water. Heat on high, until boiling, then return heat to low and simmer covered for one hour until the apples are very soft. Strain through a fine sieve or piece of muslin.
- 2Measure apple liquid (you should have approximately 4 cups). Allow one cup of sugar for each cup of liquid.
- 3Place apple liquid and sugar in a saucepan on low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high. Boil uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes until jelly sets when tested (see note).
- 4Finely shred the remaining lime leaves and add to the jelly along with the remaining chilli. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- 5Pour into hot sterilised jars and seal immediately.
- 6Store the jelly in a cool, dark place for up to 3 months. Once opened, store in the fridge and use within 2 months.
- 7*Note* to test if the jelly is ready, place a small saucer in the freezer before you start. Drop 1 teaspoon jelly onto the saucer to cool. If it's ready, the jelly should stay in place and form a skin on the surface.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili, Kaffir Lime and Lemongrass Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (2005 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 927.9
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 240.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 229.7 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves