Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Corn dog in a pie? Tastes great.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup salsa
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 lb hot dog, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 400. Spray 9-1/2 inch deep-dish pie pan or 2-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Stir in all remaining chili ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes or until mixture has thickened. Spoon into sprayed pie pan.
- In medium bowl, combine all topping ingredients; blend well. Spoon batter over chili.
- Bake at 400 for 16 to 21 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Cut into wedges to serve. If desired, serve with chopped green onions and additional Cheddar cheese.