Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My favorite chili recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown ground beef with onion and green pepper in large skillet or saucepan; drain.
- To beef mixture add tomatoes, tomato sauce, pinto beans and seasonings.
- Simmer, covered, 1 hour.
- Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions.
My husband liked this recipe but thought it needed a bit more spice. Thank you for the recipe.
This is a good basic chili that all family members would eat. For personal tastes, I add 1 tsp. sugar. Sometimes I add a cup of water with 1 beef bouillon cube to make it more soup-like. Thanks for posting. I'll be using this recipe many times.
Great flavor, easy to make. Yum!