Recipe by Cookin'withGas
More one dish casserole madness, lightened with the use of ground turkey...I like to add a tossed green salad to round out the meal ;-)
Top Review by lauralie41
DH enjoys chili macaroni and liked this version. I used ground turkey and red kidney beans. He isnt fond of "spicy" so I added one teaspoon of chili powder this time. I think I would have preferred ground round and a can of diced tomatoes added but all in all a nice and quick meal.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast or 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) box Hamburger Helper cheeseburger macaroni
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet, brown together the ground turkey and the onion in the oil; then drain.
- Once you've drain the meat/onion mixture, stir in the contents of the Hamburger Helper box, water, kidney beans and chili powder.
- Heat to boiling only; do NOT cook.
- Pour into a 2 quart casserole dish; cover and bake in the preheated 375° oven for 35 min, stirring every 10 minute.