Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from Chickens in the Road
Make and share this Chili Cheese Mac recipe from Food.com.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet; drain.
- Add the hot water, milk, pasta, and the seasonings.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer on low about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.
- In the last few minutes of cook time, stir in the cheese; cover the pot again for the final few minutes of cook time.
- When the pasta is tender and the cheese is melted, turn off heat and uncover. Let mixture stand, uncovered, about five minutes. It will continue to thicken as it stands.