Recipe by Jamie1094
This chili recipe can be altered in so many ways to make it fit your taste. I generally make it in a crock pot, but will post the directions to make it stove top. I bring this to pot luck dinners all the time because it is so "people friendly"
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs ground turkey, ground chicken
- 1 medium diced onion
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen corn (do not thaw)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato vegetable soup (or anything that will add a little more moisture. Sometimes I just use a little water or broth)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add oil to a large, deep pot.
- Add ground meat and onion and cook through, drain if necessary.
- Add chili powder and oregano and mix well.
- Add frozen corn, tomatoes, kidney beans, and soup (or whatever you've chosen for moisture) and bring to boil.
- Once pot begins to boil reduce heat to medium and allow to simmer (uncovered) for 15-20 minutes until chili thickens.
- Serve with tortilla chips for scooping.
- NOTES: To make in crock-pot simply brown meat with onions, drain and add to crock pot. Then add all other ingredients and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 3-4 hours. (Times may vary depending on how long you pot takes to heat through.).
- FUN ADDITION IDEAS: Extra chili powder, cayenne pepper, jalapeno pepper slices, sour cream, shredded cheese, green onions, extra veggies, the possibilities are endless. I generally make additions to personal bowls and not to the whole pot so that it stays “people friendly”.