Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe has an unusal filling, and it is very good. This comes from The Hatch Chile Cookbook, some of the best chiles you will find.
- 3 tablespoons celery ribs, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cooked bay shrimp
- 6 green chilies, whole
- Saute the celery in butter for three minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the eggs, bread crumbs, milk, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Add the sauteed celery and shrimp and stir to mix well.
- Stuff the mixture into the whole chiles and seal with toothpicks if necessary.
- Place the chilesin a deep, lightly buttered casserole dish, seam side down.
- Cover the dish and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with beans and rice.
- **Note: For a stiffer filling, chop the shrimp into a paste in the food processor.