Recipe by AmyZoe
Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. That pretty much sums up how much I loved this recipe. I made it for breakfast, and it was like a souffle but cheesier and with a bite of green chilies. Recipe courtesy of Favorite's From Cole's Church, Cole Community Church, Boise Idaho. Serving size is estimated.
- 8 ounces green chilies, diced
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 4 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tomatoes
- lettuce, shredded
- taco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together cheese and chilies in a well buttered 2 quart casserole (12x8x2 inches). Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- In a small bowl beat egg yolks, milk, flour, salt, and pepper and fold this mixture into the egg whites.
- Pour over cheese mixture and mix slightly with fork. Keep a good topping.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 325 then remove from oven and arrange overlapping tomato slices around edge.
- Return to oven just long enough to warm tomatoes and until a knife comes out clean.
- Serve over a bed of finely shredded lettuce.
- You may also want to serve with taco sauce.