1/2 Photos of Chilean Salsa
After trying this salsa, it is hard to go back to store-bought salsa. I could eat my weight in this stuff, along with tortilla chips. Yum!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 green serrano chilies (I use one of each) or 2 jalapeno chiles, seeded and chopped (I use one of each)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt or 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 6 medium ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet Spanish onions or 1 cup vidalia onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4-1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1In a mortar, crush the garlic, chile peppers, and salt and make a paste, using a circular motion with the pestle.
- 2Transfer mixture to a serving bowl.
- 3Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- 4Will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilean Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (1100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.3
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1771.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 5.6 g