After trying this salsa, it is hard to go back to store-bought salsa. I could eat my weight in this stuff, along with tortilla chips. Yum!!
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 green serrano chilies (I use one of each) or 2 jalapeno chiles, seeded and chopped (I use one of each)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 6 medium ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet Spanish onions or 1 cup vidalia onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- In a mortar, crush the garlic, chile peppers, and salt and make a paste, using a circular motion with the pestle.
- Transfer mixture to a serving bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.