Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Serve this over a mixed green salad with tomatoes, avocado and grape tomatoes. This is a great dressing to serve with at a southwestern cookout. The recipe is from Sabroso summer 2006 edition.
- 3 -4 green onions, minced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup green chili pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- Combine all the ingredients in a small glass bowl,
- Whisk to blend; add sugar and salt to taste.
- Serve over crisp, chilled greens.
One thing I really appreciated about this tasty vinaigrette is the fact that it doesn't tell you how much sugar and salt to add. 'To taste' for us was just a teaspoonful of sugar. A little too much heat for my kids, anyone making this with little ones may want to hold back on the chilis and mustard a bit. Served as Paula recommended - mixed greens, tomatoes and avocado.