A delicious and beautiful salad from halfbakedharvest.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb salmon, skin on
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 limes, zest of
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 8 cups butter lettuce, chopped or 8 cups spring greens, mix chopped
- 1 small mango, peeled chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded chopped
- 1/3 cup cooked black beans, rinsed drained if using canned
- 1 -2 avocado, sliced
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces queso fresco or 2 ounces cajita cheese, crumbled
- fresh cilantro, for topping
- crushed tortilla chips
Simple Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- 1To make the dressing, combine the olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, chili powder, honey and salt and pepper. Whisk to combine, taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. Set aside.
- 2In a large salad bowl add the lettuce, mango, jalapeno and black beans. Drizzle with the juice of half a lime (only do this if eating right away). Toss well and set aside.
- 3In a small bowl combine the chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, brown sugar, lime zest and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- 4Place the salmon on a plate and rub with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the salmon and gently rub it into the salmon.
- 5Heat a medium size skillet over medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and once hot, add the red pepper slices and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir fry the peppers for 4-5 minutes. Remove the peppers from the pan. Reduce the heat to medium and add another tablespoon of olive oil and add the salmon, skin side facing up. Sear the salmon for 3-4 minutes and then flip and continue cooking for another 4-5 minutes or until the salmon reaches your desired doneness. Cooking times will vary depending on the size of your salmon. Cut the salmon into 4-6 pieces or chop into bites.
- 6To assemble the salads, add the red peppers to the salad bowl and toss. Divide the salad among plates or bowls. Sprinkle each plate with a little of cheddar and a little of cajita. Top each bowl with a piece of salmon. Add a few slice of avocado and drizzle with the dressing. Garnish with crushed tortilla chips and more cilantro.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chile Lime Salmon Fajita Salad With Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 631.9
- Calories from Fat 395
- Total Fat 43.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 74.3 mg
- Sodium 246.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 33.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of
salt and pepper