Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious and beautiful salad from halfbakedharvest.com.
Make and share this Chile Lime Salmon Fajita Salad With Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb salmon, skin on
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 limes, zest of
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 8 cups butter lettuce, chopped or 8 cups spring greens, mix chopped
- 1 small mango, peeled chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cooked black beans, rinsed drained if using canned
- 1 -2 avocado, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces queso fresco or 2 ounces cajita cheese, crumbled
- fresh cilantro, for topping
- crushed tortilla chips
Simple Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (or more to your liking)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey, depending on your taste (I used 2)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- To make the dressing, combine the olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, chili powder, honey and salt and pepper. Whisk to combine, taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl add the lettuce, mango, jalapeno and black beans. Drizzle with the juice of half a lime (only do this if eating right away). Toss well and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, brown sugar, lime zest and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon on a plate and rub with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the salmon and gently rub it into the salmon.
- Heat a medium size skillet over medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and once hot, add the red pepper slices and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir fry the peppers for 4-5 minutes. Remove the peppers from the pan. Reduce the heat to medium and add another tablespoon of olive oil and add the salmon, skin side facing up. Sear the salmon for 3-4 minutes and then flip and continue cooking for another 4-5 minutes or until the salmon reaches your desired doneness. Cooking times will vary depending on the size of your salmon. Cut the salmon into 4-6 pieces or chop into bites.
- To assemble the salads, add the red peppers to the salad bowl and toss. Divide the salad among plates or bowls. Sprinkle each plate with a little of cheddar and a little of cajita. Top each bowl with a piece of salmon. Add a few slice of avocado and drizzle with the dressing. Garnish with crushed tortilla chips and more cilantro.