Recipe by Tebo
Red and green make this a festive dish. It can be a hot as you wish. . just add more chilli. The chicken stock can be replaced with a vegetable sauce for a vegetarian dish.
Top Review by Anu
Wonderful! I halved the recipe and followed all the instructions. I needed to add an extra 1/2 cup of water for the beans since the original 1/2 cup didn't seem enough for the beans to cook in. I also simmered them covered. This spicy dish made the perfect side to rotis for a piquant dinner!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup water
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and cut
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- 4 small tomatoes, peeled and quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in saucepan or wok.
- Add onions and fry until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add chilli powder and flour.
- Cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add stock stirring until smooth.
- Add beans, pepper and tomato paste.
- Lower heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Add tomatoes and cook another 3 minutes.