Chef #399112's Note:
This is a very different take on chicken; we eat so much chicken that I had to try it. It was a big hit and I have served this for guests as well. Nothing but positive comments!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons ground ancho chili peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine ancho chile and salt. Wash hands. Rub spices on chicken, wash hands again!
- 2Heat oil in large oven-proof skillet to medium high heat. Cook chicken until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer chicken in skillet to oven, bake 10-15 minutes or until done (internal temperature 170 degrees F).
- 3To make salsa, combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl; add a pinch of salt.
- 4Serving suggestion: serve chicken on a bed of rice and top with salsa.
- 5Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chile Chicken With Pineapple Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.1
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 369.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 27.9 g