Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very different take on chicken; we eat so much chicken that I had to try it. It was a big hit and I have served this for guests as well. Nothing but positive comments!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons ground ancho chili peppers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine ancho chile and salt. Wash hands. Rub spices on chicken, wash hands again!
- Heat oil in large oven-proof skillet to medium high heat. Cook chicken until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer chicken in skillet to oven, bake 10-15 minutes or until done (internal temperature 170 degrees F).
- To make salsa, combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl; add a pinch of salt.
- Serving suggestion: serve chicken on a bed of rice and top with salsa.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Quite good, and quite spicy! I would suggest eating it over rice or something that can cut the spice a little.