Recipe by Aunt Cookie
I got this from one of those "Best Recipes of 200-" books, which got the recipe from the Los Angeles Times. It tastes like an enormous, cheesy omelet. Enjoy!
Top Review by Outta Here
This gets 5 stars, but don't tell my cardiologist I ate it! :) Soooo Gooood, but so much cheese (that's what makes it so good!) This will made again, but for those times when I have been good and earned a treat! Thanks for posting! (I didn't know if the butter called for was for buttering the dish or was meant to be in the dish, but I think I would cut it in half next time.)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut in small pieces
- 1 cup chopped mild chile (I sometimes use canned)
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Butter a 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs well. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well-blended.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35-45 minutes.