Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
This is served in Mexico. It makes a great appetizer! Always wear gloves when cutting or touching jalapeno peppers. If not, be very careful not to touch your eyes, nose, mouth or "other areas"!
Top Review by LostInCA
These are delicious! Our family really enjoys the carrots included in pickled jalapeños but there never seems to be enough of them. This recipe has ended the mad dash to dig out the carrots of a newly opened can of peppers. We love the crispness and the ability to control the heat. Thanks for a delicious recipe! It's a keeper!!
- 5 carrots, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 onions, peeled, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 pickled jalapeno peppers, in vinegar, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bay leaves