Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is from Cooking With 4 Ingredients by Jean Coates, c. 2002. Simple, easy. I have copied the recipe as written - but when I made these I warmed the taco shells in the oven, boiled the hot dogs, and then put the whole thing together without the microwave. Do whatever is easiest for you.
- 1 (10 ounce) can hot dog sauce
- 1 (10 count) package frankfurters
- 10 preformed taco shells
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped onion (optional)
- diced tomato (optional)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- Put hot dog sauce in a saucepan and cook at medium heat until hot.
- Place a frank in each taco shell. Top with the heated chili sauce and cheese.
- Place in microwave and and heat for 30 seconds or until the frankfurters are warm.
- Top franks with onions, tomatoes and lettuce (optional).
A VERY GOOD RECIPE. I did leave out the tomato though. The kids and I really enjoyed this. A wonderful quick fixing recipe, that should be tried. Made for 1-2-3 hit Wonders.
Okay, so I know that you were suppose to use hard shells, but we only had a few. So, some of us had hard and some had soft. That was fine, because that is how we do it on taco night. I had all the toppings laid out from hot dog sauce, lettuce, cheese, onion, and tomato. Very good! The kids loved "Hot Dog Taco Night" ! Made for photo tag.