Nothing fancy about this dish - just good eating. Round off with some feta cheese and crusty bread.
Make and share this Chickpeas With Spinach (Greek) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes (or same amount, tinned)
- red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped and defrosted
- 1 -2 lemon, juice of (to taste)
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, saute the onions and garlic in the olive oil until the onions are tender.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, pepper flakes (to suit your taste), and oregano,and paprika.
- Cover and simmer for about 18 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach and cook about 7 minutes longer, or until spinach is cooked.
- Add the lemon juice (I usually like to add the juice of about 1 1/2 lemons. Add the juice of 1 lemon, taste and adjust to your own, personal taste), salt and pepper.