1/8 Photos of Chickpeas With Spinach (Greek)
Nothing fancy about this dish - just good eating. Round off with some feta cheese and crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes (or same amount, tinned)
- red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped and defrosted
- 1 -2 lemon, juice of (to taste)
- 1In a large saucepan, over medium heat, saute the onions and garlic in the olive oil until the onions are tender.
- 2Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, pepper flakes (to suit your taste), and oregano,and paprika.
- 3Cover and simmer for about 18 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add spinach and cook about 7 minutes longer, or until spinach is cooked.
- 5Add the lemon juice (I usually like to add the juice of about 1 1/2 lemons. Add the juice of 1 lemon, taste and adjust to your own, personal taste), salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpeas With Spinach (Greek)
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.2
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 602.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 13.3 g