MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I love pasta! For a quick meateaters main dish, just add leftover chopped cooked chicken or beef. This is so good! Cook time doesn't include time for cooking pasta.
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces penne or 4 ounces rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 small purple onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, scraped,diagonally sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, halved,sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons peeled and grated gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook pasta according to directions; drain and toss with 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Set aside.
- Pour olive oil and 1-1/2 tablespoons sesame oil around top of a preheated wok, coating sides; heat at high 1 minute.
- Add onion and carrots; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add zucchini, garlic, ginger, and dry crushed red pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in cooked pasta, soy sauce, and vinegar; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Transfer to serving dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and cilantro.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I debated whether to rate it or not, since I changed it quite a bit, but my DH and I both thought it was great. I didn't have sesame oil, so I shook in some sesame seeds. I forgot the ginger and didn't add the (hot) pepper bcz of kids. I added some broccoli and cabbage and didn't use the Parmesan cheese. I made some Polish sausage to go alongside of it and the meal was wonderful! Most of my kids ate it without complaining (that's a good thing around here!:) I think adding the 1 1/2 T sesame oil would have been overkill for us. So next time, I'll use the 1 tsp but not the 1 1/2 Tbs.Reply
see 2 more