Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A salad so yummy and different !
- 2 cups drained cooked chickpeas
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, broken into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss to mix well.
Tried this last night with a guest list of 20 people. They loved it many said it was especially good because it was "different and delightful." We took the advice of a couple other reviewers... we added garlic, sweet chili sauce, toasted the walnuts and added a bit more tomato and parsley.
Option: Increase Parsley to 1/2 cup. Add - 1/2 tsp minced garlic, chili & garlic paste.