Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this from a Weight Watchers cookbook - we removed some items and we absolutely love it. Almost like a chop suey but healthy!
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cooked ditalini
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a nonstick pan over medium heat, heat the oil. Saute the garlic until soft; add the bell pepper, rosemary, and 1 tablespoon of parsley and saute 5 minutes longer.
- Add the tomatoes; bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer, stir frequently for 10 minutes. Add the chickpeas and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through (5 minutes). Stir in the ditalini, cheese and remaining parsley.
- Top with a little more shredded cheese.
What a great recipe that's easy and tasty! I'll be making this again soon!
Had all the ingredients so decided to try it today! It is great, and tasted good when it was at room temp, too. Reminded me of a ratatouille (more than a chop suey). Had only dried rosemary so only used a scant teaspoon of it, and it was fine. A keeper.