- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, peeled seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup small shell pasta
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over low heat and cook garlic for 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, chicken, chicken stock, rosemary, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta shells according to package directions. Drain.
- Put chickpeas in food processor. Ladle in 1 cup chicken broth. Process until smooth.
- Return to soup and add cooked shells. Simmer for 5 minutes.