Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 whole green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Rinse and drain chickpeas.
- Place them in a bowl.
- Add the tomatoes and onions.
- Whisk remaining ingredients together.
- Toss with chickpea mixture until coated.
- Serve right away or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
A yummy and an easy side dish to assemble. I added about 1/4 cup of fat free feta cheese, 1/2 chopped seeded cucumber, and 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in exchange for the 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. The flavors were better after it was stored in the refrigerator for a few hours. I will definitely make this again. Thanks!
Wow this was truly delicious. Very Mediterranean in flavour. I did the following changes to the recipe: added some finely chopped garlic, chopped mint, feta cheese and used olive oil. Will definitely make again.
I love the flavors in this salad! The cumin and chili give it a nice kick. I also used olive oil and added enough tomatoes to equal the amount of chick peas. Next time I may add a minced jalapeno for even more kick! Great recipe, fluffy!