Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chicken biscuits for you favorite kittie.
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon soft margarine
- Preheat the over to 350°F.
- Combine chicken, broth and margarine and blend well.
- Add flour and cornmeal. Knead dough into a ball and roll to 1/4 inch.
- Cut into one-inch sized pieces and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 18 cookies.
Oh my heavens, my little girls adore these! I made them for my small dog's a Shih Tzu and a 7 lb Maltese mix. They would have been very happy to have eaten the entire batch at one time. I really love that there are no unpronounceable additives and that they are getting treats that are actually good for them. I rolled thinner that the ask for 1/4" and used tiny cookie cutters so, while I didn't count them, it made a lot. I put some in a jar on the counter and the rest in the freezer just to make sure that they wouldn't "go off". Marra, Val and Joy send you puppy kisses and wag's and I send you thanks for healthy treats that they love.