Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a good recipe to clean out the pantry. I had some leftover Ritz crackers, red wine and condensed cream of mushroom soup. In the freezer I had chicken breasts. I mixed them all together and created a dish that is absolutely delicious! ENJOY!
- 2 eggs
- 20 Ritz crackers (crushed)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded or thinly sliced)
- 4 tablespoons butter (or combination) or 4 tablespoons oil (or combination)
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Melt oil and/or butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Dip chicken in egg then dredge chicken with Ritz crackers until thoroughly coated through.
- Brown the chicken in skillet about 8 - 10 minutes total cooking time; remove from pan, set aside keeping the chicken warm.
- Pour 1/2 cup red wine in skillet and deglaze the bottom of the pan. Reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup until heated through.
- Serve on top of the chicken. Good with steamed veggies and rice.