1 hr 30 mins
This is always a favorite when we entertain. It can be a little tricky to make. The alcohol will cook out of the wine so don't be concerned with the amount. You have to be sure not to over cook the chicken during the browning time or it will be dry. The lemon juice will absorb into the chicken while simmering but the wine mixture might taste bitter while cooking, if so, just and a little more lemon juice and salt. You might want to vary the lemon juice depending upon your personal taste. I like to use Chardonnay, but taste will vary by brand of wine used. I serve it with wild herb and buttered rice. Great the next day also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove all fat from chicken, wash and lay out on flat surface.
- 2Combine parsley, basil and oregano; sprinkle on one side of chicken.
- 3Heat enough olive oil in skillet to cover bottom; carefully place seasoned side of chicken down in hot oil; season top side; cook until golden brown but not thoroughly cooked; do not cover during browning; remove to a pot large enough to hold all remaining ingredients.
- 4Add butter to skillet with oil from chicken; when hot, add garlic and sauté until cooked but not brown; add 1 c wine; stir and carefully pour into pot with chicken breasts.
- 5Add remaining wine from bottle, lemon juice from fresh lemon and remaining parsley, oregano and basil; salt to taste; cover and simmer until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With White Wine & Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.4
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 88.7 mg
- Sodium 150.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 29.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: