1/2 Photos of Chicken With Tabbouleh (Barefoot Contessa) Ina Garten
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 35 mins
You can use a previously roasted chicken for this healthy salad. I reduced the amount of salt from original recipe. It is best after sitting in the fridge for 24 hours. Edit: If you use regular table Iodized salt instead of the kosher salt, please use much less as table salt creates a saltier final product.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water (or chicken broth)
- 1 cup Bulgar wheat
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (2 lemons)
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- 2 chicken breasts, bone in, skin on
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup minced scallion, white and green parts (1 bunch)
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 hothouse cucumber, unpeeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and medium-diced
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a heat-proof bowl, pour the boiling water over the bulgur wheat. Add the lemon juice, 1/4 cup olive oil, and 1 teaspoons of salt. Stir. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow the bulgur to stand at room temperature for about 1 hour.
- 3Place the chicken breast on a baking sheet and rub it with olive oil. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until just cooked. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- 4Remove the chicken meat from the bones and discard the skin. Cut the chicken into medium dice and add to the tabbouleh. Add the scallions, mint, parsley, cucumber, tomatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Season, to taste, and serve immediately or cover and refrigerate. The flavors will improve as it sits.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Tabbouleh (Barefoot Contessa) Ina Garten
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.2
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 35.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 9.4 g