1 hr 30 mins
Found in the Williams-Sonoma "Taste" cookbook, this recipe is sweet and savory and so comforting. It is best served with basmati rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If preferred, trim the fat and skin from the chicken. Rinse, pat dry, and season with salt and pepper.
- 2Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or heavy pot with a lid (to be used later) over medium-high heat.
- 3Add chicken and bay leaves and cook until browned, about 7-10 minutes on each side. Add a 1/2 cup water, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 35-40 minutes.
- 4Pour off pan juices and reserve. Pile chicken on one side of the pan, raise the heat to medium and add the shallots. Cook until the soften, about 2 minutes.
- 5Add wine and vinegar, and scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pot. Add dates and apricots, then redistribute the chicken in the pot.
- 6Add the reserved liquid and simmer until chicken is heated through and tender, about 12-15 minutes.
- 7Remove and discard bay leaves. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Shallots, Dates and Apricots
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 598.0
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 157.9 mg
- Sodium 148.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 33.6 g