Recipe by gareth.west
This is a very simple yet delicious dish to make, good with pasta. Taken from The Silver Spoon.
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 garlic clove
- 600 g tomatoes
- 175 ml dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the peppers even over a gas ring or under a grill until charred. When cool enough skin, deseed and cut into strips.
- Peel, seed and chop tomatoes. to peel cut a cross on tomato and put in just boiled water leave and remove with a spoon, this will allow the skin to rise and peel.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, I use a flat pan. add garlic (2's ok but own preference). wait until browned and discard garlic, I leave it in for flavour.
- Add chicken and cook turn frequently until lightly browned all over (not burnt).
- Season (own preference).
- Add wine and wait until evaporated, by now the chicken should effectively be cooked, check if it is and if so try a little, this is delicious as it is.
- Add tomatoes and peppers.
- Simmer on medium heat, stir occasionally for about 20 minutes.
- The tomatoes do break down into a sauce.
- Good with pasta and a bottle of wine. Enjoy.