An easy stir fry recipe using cooked chicken, bok choy, and bell pepper. If you don't have access to bok choy it is chinese cabbage. You can use other cabbage like savoy or green.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken, cooked and cut into cubes
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) bok choy
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 small green onions, cut diagonally into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1In a small bowl marinate chicken cubes with 2 tablespoons soy sauce and sesame oil while preparing vegetables.
- 2Remove leaves from bok choy and cut into 1/2 inch slices. Slice stems into 1/2 inch slices. Set aside.
- 3Blend remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce into cornstarch until smooth. Set aside.
- 4Heat oil in wok or large skillet over medium high heat. Add bok choy stems, bell peppers and garlic; stir fry 5 minutes. Add onions and bok choy leaves; stir fry 2 minutes.
- 5Re-stir cornstarch mixture and add to wok. Add chicken and stir fry 30 seconds until sauce bubbles and thickens. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Mongolian Vegetables Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.2
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 51.7 mg
- Sodium 1166.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 18.1 g