Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From my favorite cookbook- The Roosevelt Raccoons "All of Our Favorites" cookbook. The cookbook contains recipes from active parents and teachers of Roosevelt Elementary School, Mankato, MN. It is where I went to school, and my family submitted all of our family favorites for it. So, we probably have 10 copies of the book in our house!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages sliced mushrooms, washed
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 16 ounces fat free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 6 -8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray and saute mushrooms over medium high heat.
- In medium bowl, whisk together soup, sour cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with butter spray.
- Distribute 1/3 of sauce over bottom of dish.
- Top with chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle cooked mushrooms over chicken breasts.
- Top with remaining sauce.
- Bake, uncovered for 5o to 60 minutes or until no pink remains in the center of chicken and juices run clear.